The Boozy British Trifle | Dashrecipes.com

Finally a recipe that reminds me of being in England 20 years ago. The taste of traditional English Trifle can't be duplicated, however this recipe comes close. Enjoy and Happy Holidays!

Photograph by Lis Parsons
"I think the title of this recipe really says it all. I have written so many recipes for trifle, I scarcely dare reiterate my love for it, but this, perhaps the most traditional of my offerings, shows the sensational, time-honored pud at its glorious, many-layered best: the jam-slashed and sherry-sodden sponge, the sharp fruity layer of flavor-oozing berries, the eggy custard and the whipped cream. On top, my favorite color combination: the Victorian pink of crystallized rose petals with the tender green of chopped pistachios. Perfection."  Nigella Lawson

Recipes from Nigella Christmas by Nigella Lawson. Photographs by Lis Parsons. Copyright (c) Nigella Lawson 2008, 2009. Photographs Copyright (c) Lis Parsons 2008, 2009. Published by Hyperion. Available wherever books are sold. All Rights Reserved.


The Boozy British Trifle | Dashrecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting. I love Mission Hills!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...