Driving Trip - Julian Pie Craving

I enjoy driving trips, getting on the road and forgetting about lists of to-do's. One of my favorite drives is to Julian and back. Its a little under two hours from the Mission Hills area of San Diego to Julian, CA. I like to drive up through Ramona and stop at Dudley's Bakery in Santa Ysabel. I'm a sucker for the monkey bread! The windy road up to Julian brings you to a quaint four stop sign. You are now in the center of Julian. Stop by Julian Realty at say Hi to Dennis Frieden, who used to be my boss at First Mission Properties on the corner of W. Washington and Goldfinch streets. Eating at Romano's Dodge House is a treat: get an Appletini and the Chef's Choice Dinner, amazing home cooked flavorful food! For dessert I head over to my favorite apple pie in the world, the Julian Pie Co. They offer a green back yard to eat in, and nice rocking chairs out front. Walk it off at the Julian Cemetery and smell the blooming lilacs in April/May, wander the used bookstore and funky antique shop - you are sure to pick up something wonderful. Drive home via Lake Cuyamaca and loop back to Mount Laguna on Sunrise Highway back in through Alpine - you might be lucky and catch a lovely sunset. Below are pics from my last trip. Enjoy!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting. I love Mission Hills!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...